If you want to book a last-minute spring break flight, this Southwest Airlines deal is for you. One-way flights starting at $69 are available to book across the carrier’s network.
This deal is timely, as it only lasts through Feb. 8. It also includes flights for travel through most of May.
Routes: Across the Southwest network
How to book: Directly with the airline
Travel dates: Feb. 27—May 22
Book by: Thursday at 11:59 p.m. PST
Blackout dates: Varies by route; travel blacked out on certain dates to and from Puerto Rico and Hawaii
Note that a 21-day advance purchase is required for this sale, and sale fares are nonrefundable. Fares purchased through this sale are limited based on availability, and they apply to nonstop travel when available or a single connecting service. Rapid Rewards bookings do not include the $5.60 in taxes and fees each way.
If your travel dates are flexible, use the airline’s Low Fare Calendar to search your desired routes. For example, you could book a round-trip journey from Chicago Midway International Airport (MDW) to Miami International Airport (MIA) the first week of March for just more than $200.
Sale flights will be indicated on the calendar. You will also see the original price crossed out when viewing flights.
The cheapest flights available will be Wanna Get Way and Wanna Get Away Plus fares, which allow travelers to bring two free checked bags and two carry-on items. They can also be canceled up to 10 minutes before departure for free changes. Wanna Get Away fares that are canceled will receive a flight credit in lieu of a refund and also include free inflight entertainment and messaging.
Since this sale includes flights across the Southwest network, be sure to search your desired routes for possible sale fares.
Maximize your purchase
If you book this deal, use a credit card that earns bonus points on airfare purchases, such as:
- Southwest Rapid Rewards Plus Credit Card: 2 points per dollar spent on Southwest purchases
- Southwest Rapid Rewards Priority Credit Card: 3 points per dollar spent on Southwest purchases
- Southwest Rapid Rewards Premier Credit Card: 3 points per dollar spent on Southwest purchases
- American Express® Gold Card: 3 points per dollar spent on airfare when booked directly with the airline or through amextravel.com
- The Platinum Card® from American Express: 5 points per dollar spent on airfare when booked directly with the airline or through American Express Travel (on up to $500,000 of these purchases per calendar year)
- Chase Sapphire Reserve: 3 points per dollar spent on airfare
- Chase Sapphire Preferred Card: 2 points per dollar spent on travel
Whether you need a trip for spring break or an early spring trip in April or May, this deal may be helpful for your travel needs.
Be sure to book by the end of the day on Thursday.
- It just got easier to use your Chase points to book Southwest Airlines flights
- Southwest Airlines hikes prices on inflight adult beverages
- Why now is the best time to apply for Southwest Airlines credit cards
- How to snag the best seats on Southwest Airlines
- What is Southwest Airlines elite status worth in 2023?
- What is Clear airport security — and is it worth it?