Silversea Cruises is out with a new promotion that will get you $1,000 in onboard credit when booking a new sailing.
The Suite Upgrades offer, as the luxury line calls it, can also give you a two-category cabin upgrade on select voyages for certain cabin categories.
All cabins on Silversea ships are suites, hence the name of the promotion.
For more cruise news, guides and tips, sign up for TPG’s cruise newsletter.
The offer applies to more than 100 voyages departing this month through May 31, 2024. To qualify for the offer, bookings must be made by May 31.
Silversea offers two tiers of pricing: port-to-port fares and more expensive door-to-door fares, the latter of which are the only ones that are part of this promotion.
Port-to-port fares include accommodations on a ship, butler service, onboard meals, drinks, onboard gratuities, unlimited Wi-Fi, shore excursions and a complimentary city center shuttle service when applicable.
Door-to-door fares cover all the above, plus private executive transfers from home, international flights to reach the ship and the availability of business-class upgrades at a reduced rate. In-country air and hotels also are included in door-to-door fares when required by the itinerary.
In short, door-to-door fares include just about all the arrangements you’ll need for travel from the moment you leave for your cruise until the moment you return home.
Silversea’s door-to-door fares start around $3,500 per person for an entry-level suite on a seven-night Caribbean cruise. They can be much higher for more exotic and longer itineraries, and for stays in higher-level suites.
The fine print of the offer
The $1,000 credit available with the Suite Upgrades promotion is per suite, not per person. Specifically, you’ll receive a $500 per person credit that applies to a maximum of two people per room.
The credit can be used for a wide range of onboard amenities, including spa treatments, extra-charge dining experiences and premium wines and spirits that aren’t included in the fare. It also can be applied to the cost of optional extra-charge shore excursions.
As of Thursday, 130 sailings were bookable under the promotion on Silversea’s website, with departures available to a wide range of destinations.
The voyages that were available to book as part of the promotion included:
- A 10-night, round-trip sailing from Tokyo on Silver Whisper departing Sept. 21. The voyage brings calls at Osaka, Shimonoseki, Kanazawa, Akita and Hakodate in Japan, as well as Busan, South Korea.
- A 10-night sailing from Fort Lauderdale to Barbados on Silver Dawn departing Dec. 11. The voyage brings calls at Puerto Rico, St. Maarten (the Dutch side of the island of St. Martin), Antigua, Dominica, St. Vincent and the Grenadines, Martinique and Grenada.
- A seven-night voyage from Vancouver, British Columbia, to Seward, Alaska, on Silver Nova departing May 9, 2024. The sailing brings calls at Ketchikan, Juneau, Skagway, Sitka and Yakutat in Alaska, as well as a visit to the state’s Hubbard Glacier.
- A 14-night, round-trip sailing out of Reykjavik on Silver Endeavor departing May 18, 2024. The voyage brings stops around Iceland, the Faroe Islands and several islands off the coast of Scotland.
Another sailing available to book as part of the promotion is a seven-night Galapagos Islands voyage kicking off on Jan. 6, 2024. The trip will take place on the line’s new Silver Origin.
You can find more details about the promotion on Silversea’s website.
Planning a cruise? Start with these stories:
- The 5 most desirable cabin locations on any cruise ship
- 8 cabin locations on cruise ships you should definitely avoid
- Which cruise brand is best for you? A guide to the most popular lines
- 21 tips and tricks that will make your first cruise go smoothly
- 15 ways that cruising newbies waste money on their first cruise
- The 15 best cruise ships for people who never want to grow up
- Cruise packing list: The ultimate guide to what to pack for a cruise